FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NAIC Elects 2018 Officers
Elections included zone officers
HONOLULU (Dec. 4, 2017) — Members of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) elected the following officers for 2018 today during its Fall 2017 National Meeting:
President: Tennessee Insurance Commissioner Julie Mix McPeak
President-Elect: Maine Insurance Superintendent Eric A. Cioppa
Vice President: South Carolina Insurance Director Raymond G. Farmer
Secretary-Treasurer: Hawaii Insurance Commissioner Gordon I. Ito
The newly elected officers will assume their duties on Jan. 1, 2018.
Julie Mix McPeak was appointed by Gov. Bill Haslam to lead the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance on Jan. 12, 2011.
Eric A. Cioppa was confirmed as superintendent of the Maine Bureau of Insurance in September 2011.
Raymond G. Farmer was appointed by Gov. Nikki Haley to serve as director for the South Carolina Department of Insurance on November 13, 2012.
Gordon I. Ito was reappointed by Gov. David Y. Ige to serve as commissioner of the Hawaii Department of Commerce & Consumer Affairs – Insurance Division on January 1, 2015.
2018 Zone Officers Elected
NAIC members also elected 2018 zone officers during the Fall National Meeting.
- Katharine L. Wade — Chair, Connecticut
- Elizabeth Kelleher Dwyer — Vice Chair, Rhode Island
- Stephen C. Taylor — Secretary-Treasurer, District of Columbia
- Jim L. Ridling — Chair, Alabama
- Mike Chaney — Vice Chair, Mississippi
- Jim Donelon — Secretary-Treasurer, Louisiana
- John D. Doak — Chair, Oklahoma
- Stephen W. Robertson — Vice Chair, Indiana
- Larry Deiter — Secretary-Treasurer, South Dakota
- Dean L. Cameron — Chair, Idaho
- Todd E. Kiser — Vice Chair, Utah
- Lori K. Wing-Heier — Secretary-Treasurer, Alaska