The mission of the Regulatory Framework (B) Task Force is to: 1) develop NAIC model acts and regulations for state health care initiatives; and 2) consider policy issues affecting state health insurance regulation.
Ongoing Support of NAIC Programs, Products and Services
- The Regulatory Framework (B) Task Force will:
- Coordinate and develop the provision of technical assistance to the states regarding state-level implementation issues raised by federal health legislation and regulations.—Essential
- Review managed health care reforms, their delivery systems occurring in the marketplace and other forms of health care delivery; recommend appropriate revisions to regulatory jurisdiction, authority and structures.—Important
- Consider the development of new NAIC model laws and regulations and the revision of existing NAIC model laws and regulations, including those affected by federal legislation and final federal regulations promulgated pursuant to such legislation.—Essential
- Continue to review NAIC models recommended for revision by the former Affordable Care Act (ACA) Model Review (B) Working Group and, as appropriate, appoint a working group to revise the NAIC model(s) prioritized for revision in 2016.—Important