Speed to Market (EX) Task Force
Executive (EX) Committee
The mission of the Speed to Market (EX) Task Force is to 1) serve as the NAIC focal point for modernization of the insurance product filing and review processes; 2) monitor the development and implementation of speed to market efficiencies and SERFF; and 3) provide support to the IIPRC for initiatives that require uniformity and policy changes within the states, where necessary.
Ongoing Support of NAIC Programs, Products or Services
- Speed to Market (EX) Task Force will:
- Provide a forum for discussion and recommendations related to product filing needs, efficiencies and effective consumer protection.—Essential
- Provide a forum for the review, discussion and recommendation regarding rate and form filing needs as impacted by the federal Affordable Care Act (ACA).—Essential
- Provide policy support and guidance regarding SERFF enhancements necessary for the states to comply with state law, federal law and/or contractual obligations.
- Provide a forum for discussing product filing issues related to the U.S.Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the U.S. Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) activity.
- Provide input and guidance to other NAIC committees related to the ACA.
- Provide direction to, receive input from and hear reports concerning the SERFF Advisory Board activity related to SERFF.—Essential
- Provide direction to the NAIC staff regarding SERFF functionality, development and enhancements.—Essential
- In collaboration with the National Treatment and Coordination (E) Working Group, evaluate synergies between corporate changes/amendments and rate and form filing review and approval to improve efficiency.—Important
- Conduct the following activities as desired by the IIPRC.—Essential
- Provide support to the IIPRC as the speed to market vehicle for asset-based insurance products, encouraging state participation in, and industry usage of, the IIPRC, as requested.
- Receive reports from the IIPRC at NAIC national meetings.
- Oversee the work of the Operational Efficiencies (EX) Working Group and the Commercial Lines (EX) Working Group.—Essential
NAIC Support Staff: Joy Morrison