Financial Examination Tools
The links below provide access to the Monitor publications for the last two years. The Monitor is published periodically following each National Meeting and is intended to provide examiners and other interested regulators and parties with updates and
current issues relevant to the exam process.
Insights provided are not considered authoritative guidance, but may assist examiners as they perform financial examinations.
If you would like to recommend content to be covered within the Monitor, please provide suggestions to Miguel Romero.
- Spring 2017
- Topics include Spring National Meeting Update, Analysis Handbook Update, IPS Sound Practices, Exam Process Memo insights, and TeamMate Tips and Tricks.
- Fall 2016
- Topics include Fall National Meeting Update, TeamMate Timeline, and Peer Review Results & Statistics.
- Summer 2016
- Topics include the Peer Review Project, Analysis Current Events, Sound Practices, and Risk Alerts.
- Spring 2016
- Topics include Committee Updates, ORSA Tools, Interim Work and the Training Roadmap.
- Fall 2015
- Topics include Handbook Updates, Exam Coordination Reminders, Training Announcements and a Peer Review Announcement
- Summer 2015
- Topics include a new financial exam open website called "Financial Examination Tools & Resources", TeamMate Update, and Q&A on IT Review Conclusions
- Spring 2015
- Topics include Prospective Risk, Exam Coordination, Cybersecurity Risk, and Leveraging CPA work
- Fall-Winter 2014
- Topics include Cybersecurity Risk and Leveraging CPA Work
- Summer 2014
- Topics include Leveraging CPA Work, Insurance Industry Trends and Leveraging Analyst Work
- Spring 2014
- Topics include IT Review Guidance Changes, Operating Effectiveness of Internal Controls and Critical Risk Categories
- Winter 2013-2014
- Topics include MLR Audit/Examination Procedures and Critical Risk Categories,
- Fall 2013
- Topics include PBR, FEETS and ORSA