CIPR Summer Event: Gearing Up for Autonomous Vehicles
Sunday, August 28, 2016, 3-5 p.m.
The NAIC Center for Insurance Policy and Research (CIPR) invites you to attend its Summer Event, Gearing Up for Autonomous Vehicles. The event will take place from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 28, 2016, as part of the NAIC Summer National Meeting in San Diego, California. Attendee sign-in will be from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The event will be hosted by Pennsylvania Insurance Commissioner Teresa Miller. Robert Gordon, Senior Vice President of Policy Development and Research for the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America will present on The Changing Auto Safety Landscape. Additionally, Paul Carroll, Chief Executive Officer of Insurance Thought Leadership will moderate the A Brave New Road: Technological Advances bring New Dangers and New Opportunities panel discussion. During the event, the presenter and panelists will discuss the following topics:
- Loss cost and claims frequency trends in the private and commercial auto lines.
- Shifting of costs from the health care sector to the auto insurance sector.
- Rising risks from distracted walking and impaired driving
- Implications of mobility sharing and autonomous vehicles on insurers’ future business models
- Underwriting and claims implications of the integration of technology into vehicles
- Exploring liability issues from tort vs. no-fault state systems, product liability and cyber security breaches
Register Now! Registration for this event is complimentary and separate from the NAIC National Meeting.
Designation Renewal Credits
This program is pre-qualified for Designation Renewal Credits (DRCs). If you currently hold an NAIC APIR, PIR, SPIR, or IPIR designation and are pursuing continuing education credit to maintain it, you may be awarded credits for your participation in this program. To receive your certificate, you must meet the attendance and participation requirements.